Welcome to the North Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center
The North Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center (NCTADRC) is funded by Texas Health and Human Services and led by the North Central Texas Council of Governments, with support from our many partner agencies.
The NCTADRC provides information and referral to long-term service and support programs (such as in-home care) for people who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties. Its purpose is to serve as a resource connection, rather than to provide direct services. However, it does offer one direct service program: Lifespan Respite. The Lifespan Respite program provides temporary assistance to family caregivers who need a break from their caregiving responsibilities, don’t qualify for other agencies’ respite programs, and can’t afford to pay privately for respite.
We’re familiar with a broad range of federal, state and local programs. We have specialized knowledge of the following programs.
- Medicaid waiver programs, such as STAR+PLUS, Home and Community Services, and Community Living Assistance and Support Services
- Medicare, Medicare Savings Programs, and Medicare Low-Income Subsidies
- SNAP (formerly known as food stamps)
- Area Agency on Aging programs for people age 60 and over and their family caregivers
- Veterans Administration programs
- Subsidized housing for low-income older and disabled persons
We target people who are returning to their homes from nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospitals, and rehabilitation centers.
Our services are made available at no cost to people with disabilities, their caregivers, and people who want to plan in advance of need, regardless of their income.
Utilities and Rent Assistance for Older Adults
Help is available if you need an air conditioner or cannot pay your utility bills or rent. Click here for more information and qualifications.